WHY BECOME A MEMBER
The Association of Medical Social Workers of Nigeria is an individual membership organization. All practicing medical social workers must join as individuals, even if they are members of a state society. Without membership in organizations at state and national levels, your interests are not being protected.
AMSWON is focusing our efforts on meeting the practice needs of medical social workers in Nigeria. As an organization, we are committed to:
- Advocating legislatively for adequate reimbursement for registered medic clinical social workers;
- Offering advocacy consultation with ministries and organisation for increased support for members in the state branch offices
- Representing the interest of medical social workers in Nigeria during national meetings and international meetings
- Providing up-to-date clinical information that informs your practice;
- Providing free consultative service for legal and ethical questions;
- Providing discounted comprehensive professional liability insurance.
Members are automatically eligible to become member of the state chapter of the association, although without membership in organizations at state and national levels, your interests are not being protected. Please join us and receive the following benefits as a result of your membership:
- Legislative advocacy for adequate reimbursement for licensed medical social workers
- State society advocacy and consulting
- Up-to-date clinical information that informs your practice
- Free consultative service for legal and ethical questions
- Discounted comprehensive professional liability insurance
Membership in AMSWON is an investment in your professional growth and development. AMSWON is the only national organization that advocates for your interests!
There are many reasons to join AMSWON . . .
- Membership in AMSWON is an investment in your professional credibility.
- It’s an investment in personal development and growth.
- Membership is a way to stay connected to other medical social workers and information.